September 25, 2009

Missions / Evangelism Quotes

"Follow me and I will make you fishers of men." - Jesus (Matthew 4:19)

"Failure in witnessing is failure to witness." - Bill Bright

"The only way you can fail in witnessing is to not witness."
- My paraphrase of the above quote

"We are responsible only for our part in evangelism (to share the Gospel); God is responsible for his part (to regenerate). We must do our part and trust God to do His ! - Alistar Begg

"But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the Gospel of God's grace." - Paul (Acts 20:24)

"Where passion for God is weak, zeal for missions will be weak." - John Piper

"The mark of a great church is not it's seating capacity, but it's sending capacity." - Mike Stachura

"The Spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become." - Henry Martyn

No comments: