We have begun our 6th year in ministry here in Brazil, and we are amazed at what God has done during our time here. I stress the part about what God has done, because without Him we can do absolutely nothing. We are ordinary people who have the privilege of joining God in the great mission work He is doing here. We did not go to seminary, and we have had no previous formal training to be missionaries. Before the mission trip we took to Sao Paulo in 2005 (when God called us to join Him in Brazil), we had never been on a mission trip before, and we had no experience as missionaries. In fact, we did not even know enough about missions to adapt or copy some other mission ministry's strategy (which is not the way it should be done by the way). When God called us we had to fully depend on Him, and we still do, for everything ... protection, strength, ability and power, ideas, strategy, wisdom, guidance, boldness, courage... When God called us, He also gave us His love and passion to reach lost people for Jesus, and He also gave us His vision of what to do and how to do it.
Here is what God has been able to accomplish through us, a couple of ordinary "nobodies", in the first 5 years:
* Over 63,000 people have accepted Christ and committed their lives to Him
* We have worked with 65 churches & preached in 62 churches in Brazil
* We have held 24 People Sharing Jesus seminars and have trained over 1000 people to share Jesus
* We have spoken in 99 schools
* More than 1200 teachers have accepted Christ and committed their lives to Him
* We have helped many churches in special events to share Jesus (at a ministry for business people; hospital ministry; during VBS; various ministries for poor people; community outreach events; family events;...)
We give God all of the praise, honor, and glory, and we are looking forward to seeing what God is going to do this year and in the future. God truly is awesome and all powerful, and nothing is too hard or impossible for Him.
"I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing" - John 15:5
"Thanks be to God, who always leads us victoriously in Christ, and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of Him." - 2 Corinthians 2:14
"Not to us, LORD, not to us, but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." - Psalm 115:1