August 13, 2010

Quotes & Verses

Here are some quotes that I hope will inspire us all to faithfully serve our wonderful Lord, and to join Him in His passion to reach people for Jesus:

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."  - Jesus (Mark 16:15)

“I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me”  - Jesus (John 5:30)


"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him". (2 Chronicles 16:9)

"The heroes of the faith had one thing in common: They were all ordinary people with no power of their own. The difference is the mighty presence of God".  - Experiencing God devotion

"We are not irreplaceable to the Lord. He will achieve His purposes. The question is this: Will we be a part of God’s activity, or will He find someone else? We deceive ourselves if we think we are indispensable to God. Service to the Lord is an honor God bestows on us, not a favor we do for God".  - Experiencing God devotion

"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace".  - Paul (Acts 20:24)

"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power."  - Paul (I Corinthians 2:4)

"Discipleship means personal, passionate devotion to a Person— our Lord Jesus Christ... No one on earth has this passionate love for the Lord Jesus unless the Holy Spirit has given it to him".  - Oswald Chambers


3 comments:

Kevin Bart said...

Thanks for visiting our blog Jack. I'll check your blog out soon. Take care & God bless.

Toyin O. said...

Those were the scriptures I needed today! Praise God for his faithfulness!

check out my blog at http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Kevin Bart said...

Toyin, God has a way to speak to us right when we need to hear from Him. Take care & God bless you.