December 28, 2008

The Inspiring Life Of Paul

The Apostle Paul is an inspiration for me and for many others. He lived a life completely devoted to the Lord Jesus, and he was faithful to complete the ministry that God called him to, to help people to have a restored personal relationship with God through Jesus. Here are some verses about Paul's inspiring life:


Paul was completely devoted to Jesus, and to the ministry Jesus gave him:
"But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God's grace." - Acts 20:24

Paul's top priority and passion was his relationship with Jesus:
"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things."
- Philippians 3:8

Paul's main goal in life was to please God:
"So we make it our goal to please him." - 2 Corinthians 5:9

Paul was willing to give all he was and all he had to help others have a personal relationship with Jesus:
"And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls."
- 2 Corinthians 12:15

Paul was faithful to the Lord Jesus until the end of his life:
"I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me that day." - 2 Timothy 4:7-8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The life of Paul is amazing! What strikes me as one of the most relevant lessons from Paul's life, is the fact that he was willing to be/do what was necessary to win souls. He gave no thought to his own plans, desires, enjoyments; only to what could reach others.

-Aaron J. (experienceshift.blogspot.com)

Kevin Bart said...

Aaron, great point about Paul's willingness to be and do whatever was necessary to reach the lost. Christ's passion for lost people was definitely in Paul, and can be in us too, by His grace. Take care and Happy New Year.