July 7, 2008

Inspiring Quotes


"Lord send me anywhere, only go with me;

lay any burden on me, only sustain me;

sever any tie, but the one that binds me to You."
- David Livingstone, Missionary to Africa


This quote inspires me to fully surrender all I am and have and do to our Lord Jesus, and to be willing to go anywhere and do anything that He wants, as long as He is with me.



"Oh the fullness, the pleasure, the sheer excitement of knowing God on earth."

- Jim Elliot, Missionary to Ecuador


When I first read this quote in the early 90's I realized that when this man was alive he had something I did not have. I had accepted Christ in my heart and life in 1985, but I was inspired to go much deeper in my personal relationship with Jesus, and make Him the Source of fulfillment, joy, satisfaction,... This quote is about the abundant life that Jesus talked about in John 10:10, and the satisfaction and joy and excitement that comes when you become a fully surrendered servant of the living God.


No comments: